We at Boyce Funeral Home know how important your privacy is to you. As funeral home
operators we have a professional and legal obligation to keep confidential all personal
information we receive from you. Our relationship with you is founded on trust and we are
committed to maintaining that confidence. For these reasons we have created the following
trust you have placed in us.
What this policy covers
This policy covers our treatment of the personal information we collect from you.
Why we collect personal information
The personal information which we collect is needed to:
1) identify the purchasers and beneficiaries of prepaid and at need funeral arrangements
2) provide our services
3) comply with provincial and regulatory requirements
How personal information is used
1) we do not sell, barter, trade or give away the personal information you have provided to us
2) we will only share your information with third parties if we are required to by law or you
have expressly authorized us to, or if it is required for the provision to you of a service
or product supplied by another business or organization as part of our service to you
3) we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe
from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure
Access to your personal information
1) you may ask for access to any personal information we hold about you and you may ask
that the information be corrected or updated. However, we reserve the right to confirm the
identify of the person seeking access to personal information before complying with any
2) if we are unable to provide you with access to all of the personal information we have
about you, then the reasons for denial of access will be provided to you
If you wish to ask a question about our collection and use of personal information
- access your personal information
- withdraw a consent previously provided or
- make a complaint
Solicitation of "Funeral Services" as described in the Funeral Establishment Act of Ontario of "at need" - "pre arrangement" or "prepayment" of funeral contracts and agreements is Strictly Prohibited by Law.
This regulation as written in the act applies to:
"OUR SERVICES, FUNERAL SERVICES MUST BE REQUESTED"
Under the Canadian law, Canadian Funeral Homes must serve "ALL FAITHS".
If you have questions or concerns, please contact to us at:
Boyce Funeral Home
Attention: (Privacy Officer)
1 38 Daniel Street N. Arnprior, Ontario K7S 2L3
or email: email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact:
The Privacy Commissioner of Canada
112 Kent Street, Ottawa Ontario K1A 1H3